Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Check Out I-review Your-Company

Recently, "I-review Your Company" befriended me on Facebook and at the same time sent me a message asking that I try his services. He reviews your company, product, book, movie, music or food. To try to establish his clientele he is, for a limited time  offering this service for free. I looked at others he had reviewed and also liked the idea that he was local (Des Moines, Iowa area). My new book, "The Entrepreneur's Guide to Understanding Angel and Venture Capital" had only been released ten days earlier so I thought I would try it to promote the book.

He posted a short but flattering review on Facebook along with information on where to purchase the book and its price. He also shared the blog that I had written with all of his Facebook friends, as well as those following him on Twitter. For the last several days he has been using the book cover as his picture on Twitter and another company's logo as his profile picture on Facebook. Finally, he wrote to me suggesting other ways that I might promote the book on social media outlets.

I don't know how long his services will be free. What I do know is that he increased traffic to my fan page and this will certainly lead to increased sales of my book, as well as consulting services I offer. I suggest that anyone, especially in Iowa that has something they wish to promote check out "I-review Your-Company" on Facebook or "IreviewYC" on Twitter. And good luck with what ever you're promoting!

No comments: